Wednesday, November 19, 2014

So close!

We have received some crazy donations in just a couple of days, and I have been overwhelmed by the love and support we have received from our friends & family, strangers, colleagues, and students (current and former).  Today, I received the sweetest note from Elizabethton's TCAT Nursing Program's Honor Society.  While I originally thought the entire donation was from a group of strangers, of course, in the letter, I was informed that a former student shared our story with her classmates.  :)  I'm so glad that my job allows me to make connections with so many people.  It's easy to forget about some of these connections, but through this experience, I've been reminded that distance, time, and circumstance won't stand in the way of a heartfelt gesture.

And here we are.  Only $85 away from our goal of $4000.  WoW!  I cannot thank everyone enough!  While we have had several fundraising activities other than the GoFundMe page, I have entered everyone's donation on that site.  If you're interested in seeing who else has supported Izzy's cause, take a look.  Thank you all for your generosity!  

We aren't finished with our fundraisers just yet.  My colleagues have planned a silent auction at HHS's first home game on Saturday, December 6th.  Also, my sister is still taking $20 donations for the Cupcakes for Izzy raffle.  Because Izzy's need will be an ongoing expense, any additional funds raised over the $4000 goal will be added to her fund to continue paying for additional molds, future audiologist appointments, and any other cost associated with her hearing.  We have an appointment in February to see our ENT for a checkup, and we will return every six months to our audiologist to check the fit and programming of her devices and to evaluate her hearing.  Let's just hope that Izzy's ears do not grow as fast as the rest of her!  A pair of jeans that fit just a couple of weeks ago definitely did not fit yesterday morning.  

Tuesday was supposed to be Izzy's first day of school, but the snow delay kept her at home with me.  So, tomorrow morning, she'll get to finally experience her newest classroom and classmates.  I can't wait to see her progress!  On Friday, her preschool is having their Thanksgiving party.  I now she will have so much fun.  She loves school and "fwaying" (playing) with her friends.  We are so thankful to live in a community that accepts and loves Izzy.  Hopefully one day in the near future, Izzy will be able to tell Randy and me all about her day, her friends, the games she has played, and the lessons she has learned.  How exciting!  And we have all of you to thank for that!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment